Dorchester’s Independent Restaurants are a Winner on TripAdvisorWednesday, September 16th, 2015
Independent restaurants in and around Dorchester are definitely the flavour of the month as they are currently dominating the local listings on the travel review site TripAdvisor. Nearly all of the top 25 restaurants currently listed for the town are independently run, plus an incredible 18 of these are based in the town centre, making the County Town a ‘go to destination’ for foodies.
Jason Allum who is the proprietor of Cafe Paninis, which is ranked 2nd out of the 112 Dorchester restaurants listed, was delighted to see so many local independent restaurant business featuring in TripAdvisor. He said
It should be applauded that local independent restaurants are working hard to deliver great customer experiences, and the public clearly appreciate the choice and diversity on offer in Dorchester. It is vital to maintain a good online reputation as customers are increasingly researching their options before deciding on where to eat.
He went on to mention
Maintaining a high ranking on TripAdvisor ensures that we are noticed, and that visitors to the area are made aware of us independents and what we offer. TripAdvisor helps us to ensure that potential customers are not automatically drawn to the ‘brands’ due to lack of awareness of the great alternatives we have in the town.
It would also appear that the town’s culinary delights are being enjoyed by visitors from out of Dorchester too. One recent reviewer from Richmond wrote the following 5 star write up about Sienna
Fine dining at its best. Highly recommended for an intimate environment and a friendly service. The quality and choice of food were superb and we appreciated the attention to detail and the delicious flavours.
A reviewer visiting Dorchester from Somerset wrote this about The King and Thai
We were in Dorchester for the market and happened upon The King & Thai by accident……..weren’t we the lucky ones? !! . A family run business and SO clean!! The service was both delightful and prompt and the food was exceptional.. To sum up, I would say NOT possibly the best Thai restaurant in the SW, but definitely the best. We’ll be back !!
Another visitor from Milton Keynes left a glowing review for La Caverna
Excellent food and lovely atmosphere. Visited due to other reviews in TripAdvisor. Entrance is not impressive but once you are in the cellar you could easily think you are in Italy. Food is authentic and good choice of wines. Highly recommended.
Currently the top 25 restaurants listed under Dorchester are:
- Yalbury Cottage – Lower Bockhampton
- Cafe Paninis – Weymouth Avenue, Dorchester
- Sienna – High West Street, Dorchester
- Trinity Bistro – Trinity Street, Dorchester
- Finca – Great Western Road, Dorchester
- Brewers Arms – Martinstown
- Mr Crepe’s Cuisine – Poundbury
- Jester’s Cafe – Trinity Street, Dorchester
- La Caverna – Icen Way, Dorchester
- The New Inn – West Knighton
- The King and Thai – Great Western Road, Dorchester
- Thai Nakorn – High West Street, Dorchester
- Number 35 – High West Street, Dorchester
- A.S Sushi & More – High East Street, Dorchester
- Taste* – Trinity Street, Dorchester
- Potters Cafe Bistro – Durngate Street, Dorchester
- Spyway Inn – Askerswell
- The Old Tea House – High West Street, Dorchester
- The Blue Raddle – Church Street, Dorchester
- Cafe on the Green – Poundbury
- ReLoved Tea Rooms – Cornhill, Dorchester
- Rajpoot Restaurant – High West Street, Dorchester
- The Poet Laureate – Poundbury
- Room To… – High West Street, Dorchester
- Munchkins Play Cafe – Trinity Street, Dorchester