Heritage Open Day 2021 – A Taste of DorchesterTuesday, August 31st, 2021
Heritage Open Day is coming back to Dorchester for a week of activities, tours and open days. The events will take place across Dorchester and Poundbury with a theme of ‘Edible England’. The celebration of history and culture and future of our culinary heritage.
Titled ‘A Taste of Dorchester’or HOD2021 for short, the events will run from 12th–18th September 2021. Events can be enjoyed in a number of Dorchester locations which include The Roman Town House, Dorset Museum, Borough Gardens and Maumbury Rings. As well as many other unique and historic locations around Dorset’s County Town.
Here are just some of the things to look forward to during HOD2021:
Heritage Open Day 2021 Activities in Dorchester
• A Mad Hatter’s Tea Party – community picnic
• Ancient Wessex Network
• Serving Porridge prison tours
• Roman Town House – talks and cooking demonstrations
• Dorset Museum open day
• Keep Military Museum open day
• A slice of Victorian Life at Shire Hall- Victorian schoolhouse and stirring the pudding
• Beekeepers – Skeps, honey and candle rolling
• Brewery tours
• Foraging walks
• Wild medicine
• Live music and performance
• Poundbury Community Farm open day
• Hollis Mead Organic Dairy – sustainable dairy farming and safe cows
• The Watercress Company – tours of the watercress beds
Headline sponsors for the event are Poundbury Gardens and Martin Green Interiors.
Visit the website for more information about Heritage Open Day in Dorchester. Download the full programme – www.LoveDorch.com/HOD